Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum
Connexion S’enregistrer FAQ Membres Rechercher Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum

I don’t think it was anything physically that he changed

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum » Le Forum » Règles & Présentation
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
elaine95
Villageois(e)
Villageois(e)

Féminin
Ma miniville: URL
My minicity: URL

MessagePosté le: Jeu 8 Nov - 10:26 (2018)    Sujet du message: I don’t think it was anything physically that he changed Répondre en citant

WINNIPEG Craig Smith Jersey , Manitoba (AP) Paul Stastny has made plenty of tangible contributions for the Winnipeg Jets since they acquired him just before the NHL trade deadline.The latest example played out for all to see.The center scored twice at Nashville in Game 7 of the second round in a 5-1 win Thursday night, lifting Winnipeg into the Western Conference finals for the first time.Behind the scenes, Stastny is also making an impact with intangibles.”Some of his best performances are things none of us get to see happen inside the dressing room and on the plane and sitting beside the players,” Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff said Friday. ”We knew we were getting a quality player – obviously, you can see that on the ice. A quality person, we knew that from our due diligence in the past. But what he can bring inside the room … you don’t really appreciate until you have.”The St. Louis Blues valued Stastny, too, but were willing to part ways with him in February because Winnipeg gave up a first-round pick this year, a fourth-round pick in 2020 and a prospect.”Stastny is a great, veteran player http://www.nashvillepredatorsteamshop.com/authentic-filip-forsberg-jersey ,” Vegas coach Gerard Gallant said. ”He plays a 200-foot game. He plays on the power play and penalty kill. He was a big pickup for those guys and he’s fitting in well on their team. That’s no surprise to anyone around the game.”With more than 200 goals and 600 assists in Stastny’s career, the Jets invested in this season to make a push in the playoffs and it paid off.Winnipeg will host the Golden Knights on Saturday night in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals .”It’s one step closer to where we want to be,” Stastny said. ”It’s kind of nice that we play really quick, so in one sense we get to enjoy this then forget about it and then focus on Vegas right away.”If a Game 7 proves to be necessary, Vegas will have to keep a close on Stastny because he has a knack for scoring decisive goals.Just like his father, Hockey Hall of Famer Peter Stastny, who defected from Czechoslovakia with his brother, Anton, in 1980 to play in the NHL.The 32-year-old Stastny has scored four goals and has eight points in four Game 7s. Just three active players have more points in decisive games: Justin Williams, Patrice Bergeron and Henrik Zetterberg.When he was seven months old Juuse Saros Jersey , his father scored in overtime to push the Quebec Nordiques past the rival Montreal Canadiens in division finals of the 1985 playoffs.”Not that I know my dad’s goals, but I know that one,” Stastny said. ”Rebound off a draw. He still talks about winning that draw.”No one drew up a conference finals matchup with Vegas and Winnipeg.And, Stastny is determined to enjoy the ride and help his younger teammates do the same.”As you get later in your career, you’ve just got to enjoy these moments,” he said. ”You’re going to have some guys that get nervous out there and that’s fine. It’s our job, older guys, veteran guys, to go out there and try to be loose and try to make everyone comfortable.”— Anyone who has played with Marc-Andre Fleury can tell he’s dialed in by watching his mannerisms.Last year, he rubbed the shaft of his stick after making a save with it on Alex Ovechkin. This year Kyle Turris Jersey , he continued a career-long tradition of rubbing the post as a sign of appreciation for keeping a puck out.”That’s when you know he’s in the zone,” Pittsburgh defenseman Olli Maatta said.Fleury is in one of the best zones of his career in the playoffs with the expansion Vegas Golden Knights, who have followed up a magical inaugural season with a trip to the Western Conference final. The goaltending of Fleury is the biggest reason they’ve gotten this far and is a continuation of his remarkable playoff reputation rehabilitation.After taking the Penguins to the Stanley Cup Final in 2008 and winning it all in 2009, Fleury lost four of the next five series he played and each postseason posted a save percentage under .900. He has since gotten his groove back, helping the Penguins win the Cup again a year ago, and now leads the NHL playoffs with a 1.53 goals-against average, .951 save percentage and four shutouts.”I don’t think it was anything physically that he changed,” former Penguins teammate and current Capitals defenseman Brooks Orpik said. ”It was all confidence-driven. He’s always been a guy who’s really competitive and really loose at the same time. I think it was just confidence. I think he needed a fresh start. Maybe he just needed a clean slate, and you perform better when you’re more appreciated.”It’s impossible not to appreciate the impact ”Flower” has made in the desert as the face of a new franchise as he went 29-13-4 with a 2.24 GAA and .927 save percentage for Pacific Division-winning Vegas. The fresh start might have rejuvenated Fleury more than a decade into his career, but his bounce-back in becoming a great playoff goalie again is six years in the making.The low point came in 2012. Fleury allowed 26 goals over six games to Philadelphia in a first-round exit. The next playoffs Youth Matt Irwin Jersey , backup Tomas Vokoun started more games, and it was fair to wonder if Fleury had lost it.”You learn from losing,” Fleury said Wednesday. ”You learn from tough times and pressure and stuff like that. It made me a better goalie from it.”Now-Capitals defenseman Matt Niskanen was there for some of the struggles but didn’t level them all on Fleury. By 2014, he noticed a different goalie.”There was a period of time there where maybe (it was) not entirely his fault, a few things went wrong and it snowballed on him and he had a tough go there, I think, mentally for a couple springs,” Niskanen said. ”But by the time of my last year there he was really good again.”The scars of another second-round exit led to more blame for Fleury, who was scapegoated for a team with Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin not doing more after the Cup in 2009.”Sometimes it’s the way your team plays in front of you,” said Penguins winger Carl Hagelin Womens Mattias Ekholm Jersey , who beat Fleury with the Rangers in playoff series in 2014 and 2015. ”Sometimes, like any other player, you might have a bad series or a bad playoffs and I think for a goalie if you have that, people are going to be all over you.”

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 8 Nov - 10:26 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum » Le Forum » Règles & Présentation Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation