Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum
Connexion S’enregistrer FAQ Membres Rechercher Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum

ays his favourite day of the year du

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum » Le Forum » Infos
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
blueberryjerry
Adjoint(e) au Maire
Adjoint(e) au Maire

Féminin Poissons (20fev-20mar) 虎 Tigre
Ma miniville: URL
My minicity: URL
Ma Ville Virtuelle: URL

MessagePosté le: Mer 30 Nov - 07:05 (2016)    Sujet du message: ays his favourite day of the year du Répondre en citant

SAN DIEGO -- The Padres are on a roll, proving how quick momentum can flip in baseball. Corey Dickerson Rays Jersey . Will Venable homered and San Diego beat the Miami Marlins 5-4 on Sunday for their first three-game winning streak of the season. This run comes on the heels of Thursdays extra-inning loss, when second baseman Jedd Gyorkos error led to Giancarlo Stantons home run and a deflating defeat. Now the Padres hit the road packing along some confidence. "Its a much better vibe, theres less tension in the clubhouse and in the dugout," Padres manager Bud Black said. "When you dont score theres tension. And its been released a little bit and the guys are playing a little more relaxed. That is what winning does. When you dont score, things get a little tight." The surging Padres offence, which has scored 24 runs in the three games, also got two hits and two RBIs from Chris Denorfia. Robbie Erlin (2-4) scattered five hits in 6 1-3 scoreless innings before giving way to three Padres relievers. Huston Street pitched around a hit and two walks in the ninth to earn his 11th save. Street handled the middle of the Marlins order, Stanton and Casey McGehee with caution. He didnt mind putting them on when they didnt offer at border line pitches early in their counts. "I saw (Jeff) Baker in the hole and while he swung the bat well in series, I felt like once the bases were loaded I got to start attacking," Street said. "You know how you feel and youve seen how guys are hitting and when I fell behind those guys in middle of lineup, you feel like you dont want to give them anything to hit, especially Stanton." Street retired Baker on a fielders choice. "Got to be a little crisis at the end but Huston has proven over the years how to work his way through an inning, how to get an out," Black said. "He always knows whos on deck, whos in the hole and as the inning proceeds, what he has to get done and that is always a good sign of a good closer." Stanton understood. "He wasnt going to give me something to hit a homer and go up in the game," he said. "So he was either going to take the corners and if I didnt bite, he was going to let (McGehee) take over." Erlin handed his game over to the bullpen and was rewarded. He had lost four straight decisions before beating the Marlins in his first appearance against them. But it was his second consecutive strong showing after a seven-inning, one-run outing versus the Royals. The Padres pitchers struck out 48 over the four-game series to set a franchise record. They broke their mark of 44 set in 1998 against Montreal. Miamis Henderson Alvarez (2-3), who was coming off his second shutout of the season and third in his last eight starts, wasnt sharp. He lasted four innings, allowing five runs on seven hits with three walks and two strikeouts. "He didnt have a good feel for his sinker today and that is his bread and butter," catcher Jeff Mathis said. "Without his sinker today we were doing what we could do throw the ball over the plate." Venable hit his franchise-best 10th career leadoff homer. His 400-foot blast off a 1-0 fastball over the right-field wall was his first home run of the year. NOTES: Padres SS Everth Cabrera was out of the starting lineup after his wife, Connie, gave birth to their daughter late Saturday night. ... OF Carlos Quentin was to play with Single-A Lake Elsinore on Sunday as he continues his rehabilitation from bruised left knee. Quentin could join the club on its upcoming road trip. ... LHP Casey Kelly threw a bullpen session and will pitch at Double-A San Antonio on Wednesday; hes rebounding from Tommy John surgery. ... Marlins MGR Mike Redmond said hes not sure where RHP Henry Rodriguez fits into the teams bullpen. Rodriguez, who worked the seventh inning, was summoned from Triple-A New Orleans. ... Marlins RHP Tom Koehler (3-2, 1.99) faces Dodgers RHP Dan Haren (4-1, 2.6Cool on Monday in Los Angeles. ... Padres RHP Andrew Cashner (2-5, 2.86) goes against Reds RHP Mike Leake (2-3, 3.40) in Tuesdays series opener in Cincinnati. Drew Smyly Rays Jersey .com) - The Eastern Conferences best team takes on one of its worst Tuesday night when the Atlanta Hawks pay a visit to the Wells Fargo Center to take on the Philadelphia 76ers. Kevin Kiermaier Jersey . The star receiver certainly isnt celebrating it with the Texans mired in a franchise-record 13-game skid. http://www.mlbraysstore.com/authentic-drew-smyly-rays-jersey/ . Ibrahimovic put PSG ahead when he got in front of his marker to neatly flick in Lucass cross in the 59th minute. New signing Yohan Cabaye came on as a second-half substitute and headed Ezequiel Lavezzis cross against the post in the 87th. Moments later, Lucas set up another goal from the right when fellow countryman Alex turned in his corner with a strikers finish. NEW YORK -- On a day when dozens of Yankees greats were back on the field in pinstripes, Goose Gossage was overwhelmed to be the centre of attention. The Hall of Fame reliever with the blazing fastball and bushy moustache was honoured by the team on Old-Timers Day with a plaque to be put in Monument Park. "This is the greatest day Ive ever had," he told the sellout crowd of 47,493 at Yankee Stadium. Joined on the field by his family and old-timers from Yogi Berra to Bucky Dent, Gossage unveiled his plaque at home plate and grabbed the microphone Sunday to chants of "Goooose" before New York hosted the Baltimore Orioles. "I played for nine different teams, and putting on the pinstripes was like the closest thing to an out-of-body experience Ive ever had," Gossage said. "Outside of the day my kids were born and going into Cooperstown, it doesnt get any better than this. Its awesome," he added later. "Just an amazing day. I cant even put into words what it means." Gossage pitched for the Yankees from 1978-83, helping them to a World Series title during his first season in pinstripes. He returned for 11 games in 1989. Back in his day, closers routinely pitched multiple innings -- and Gossage was no different. He went 42-28 with a 2.14 ERA and 151 saves for the Yankees, leaving him third on the clubs career list behind Mariano Rivera (652) and Dave Righetti (224). "What he did in his era was just incredible," former New York pitcher David Wells said. After spending so much time in the bullpen at the previous Yankee Stadium, just a few steps from Monument Park, Gossage said he never could have imagined having his own plaque out there with all the others. The inscription on his marker begins by calling Gossage "one of the most intimidating pitchers ever to don pinstripes." It becomes thhe 28th plaque grouped behind the centre-field fence, where seven monuments commemorate such all-time greats as Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle, along with late owner George Steinbrenner. Evan Longoria Rays Jersey. The tribute came one day after the Yankees presented Tino Martinez with a Monument Park plaque in a similar celebration. Gossage tipped his cap to the crowd, and a video montage of his Yankees highlights preceded his speech. Diana Munson, the widow of former batterymate Thurman Munson, gave the pitcher a framed replica of his plaque, and the team presented him with a flashy No. 54 ring outlined in diamonds. "I cant tell you what it means to me and my family," said Gossage, recalling that Old-Timers Day was always his favourite day of the year during his Yankees tenure. "I dont even really know what to say. Its totally overwhelming to me." When the ceremony was over, the old-timers took the field for a four-inning game. Ron Guidry was on the mound, Rickey Henderson led off with a double and Mickey Rivers made a smooth catch in right-centre to rob Martinez of extra bases. Jesse Barfield homered into the left-field corner off David Cone, who trotted from first to third right alongside the ex-slugger. "I always wanted to run the bases," Cone said. "The only way I could do it was to piggyback off Jesse." Johnny Damon and Hideki Matsui each made their first appearance at Old-Timers Day, both drawing a big hand. Matsui came in from left field to pitch to Reggie Jackson in a made-for-Hollywood matchup of Godzilla vs. Mr. October. Berra and fellow Hall of Famer Whitey Ford, both in their 80s, waved from a golf cart and received standing ovations. Later on, still wearing his full uniform, Gossage threw out the ceremonial first pitch before the Yankees played the Orioles. NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 30 Nov - 07:05 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum » Le Forum » Infos Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation