Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum
Connexion S’enregistrer FAQ Membres Rechercher Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum

expectations for championshi

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum » Le Forum » Infos
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
blueberryjerry
Adjoint(e) au Maire
Adjoint(e) au Maire

Féminin Poissons (20fev-20mar) 虎 Tigre
Ma miniville: URL
My minicity: URL
Ma Ville Virtuelle: URL

MessagePosté le: Mar 22 Nov - 07:52 (2016)    Sujet du message: expectations for championshi Répondre en citant

SURREY, B. Niklas Kronwall Red Wings Jersey Authentic .C. -- Travis Lulay always knew he would be back under centre for the B.C. Lions. He just didnt expect it to take this long. The veteran quarterback will start his first game of 2014 on Friday when the Lions visit the Ottawa Redblacks, almost a full year after injuring his throwing shoulder in a goal-line collision last September. It was hoped Lulay would be healthy in time for training camp after undergoing off-season surgery, but he instead takes charge nine games into a campaign that has seen the Lions wobble to 5-4 record in the CFLs ultra-competitive West Division. "Im excited. This is why you play the game -- to have an opportunity to play," Lulay said after Wednesdays practice. "I dont take a minute of it for granted. If I learned anything during (the last year), it was that I feel fortunate to be able to do what I do. I just love being out here with the guys." Lulay said going on the six-game injured list at the start of the regular season gave him a chance to refocus, and it was towards the end of that period when he finally started to feel like he was getting back to normal. "I knew it was a process ... I didnt know exactly when that process would come to an end," he said. "I do feel confident in my ability to play well. "There was so much unknown going into (training) camp, knowing there was a chance that I may be ready early (and) knowing there was a chance it might take a while into the season." Lulay has dressed the last three games as a backup -- seeing action late in the last two -- and with the team coming off a bye week, head coach Mike Benevides felt the time was right for the 30-year-old to take over from Kevin Glenn. "Hes as good as Ive seen him in a long, long time ... a long, long time," Benevides said of Lulay. "Hes not going to be as smooth as he wants to be a month from now, but he looks as good as Ive seen in a long time." Lulays return comes at a critical juncture for B.C., which has been consistently inconsistent so far in 2014. The Lions have road victories over the Calgary Stampeders (8-1) and Saskatchewan Roughriders (7-2), but are an uncharacteristic 2-3 at home. While travelling to the nations capital to take a 1-8 expansion team might seem like an easy game to get Lulay back in rhythm, the Lions know the Redblacks will be a stiff test, especially for B.C.s offence. "We know weve got a battle in front of us," said Lulay. "I really believe Ottawas defence is a solid defence. Theyve been playing good football and keeping their team in games." After an upbeat week of practice, Benevides said having the teams No. 1 pivot back as the starter has energized the club as it looks towards the second half of the season. "Theres no doubt the guys feel good for Travis," said Benevides. "Travis is part of who they are and a lot of guys feel for him and expect a lot of out of him. Hes just a high-tempo guy, a charismatic-type leader and its nice to have him back." Lions running back Andrew Harris, who sits fourth in the CFL with 421 yards rushing on the season, said Lulay brings a different dynamic to the club. "Hes a playmaker and hes been our leader for a long time. Its just good to have him back. Hes comfortable and were ready to rock with him," said Harris. "Theres a certain confidence and a certain little aura that comes with Travis Lulay." Added linebacker Solomon Elimimian: "Hes a general. When he talks, everybody listens." While Glenn guided the Lions to a 5-4 record with an offence that ranks second in the CFL in total yards per game, he also had a league-high 11 interceptions, with many of those picks coming at key times. In Lulay, the Lions get their franchise player back for the second half of a season that will culminate with the Grey Cup game at B.C. Place Stadium in November. "I dont feel nervous. I have the confidence of guys around me," said Lulay. "This team knows me. This team knows how I play the game and how competitive I am and all those things. I know that Im going to get a great effort from those guys and I can feel their confidence even though Ive been out of the huddle for a little while." Notes: Lions kick returner Tim Brown was named the CFLs special teams player of the month for August. ... The Lions added two new players this week, offensive lineman Cory Brandon and long snapper Mike Benson. Brandon was just cut by the Seattle Seahawks last week and looks like a good bet to start at left tackle against Ottawa because of an injury to rookie Hunter Steward. Benson was added after regular long snapper Jordan Matechuk also went down. Steve Yzerman Red Wings Jersey Authentic . Arsene Wenger reportedly wants to convert the player into an attacking force, much like he did with Robin Van Persie. Kyle Quincey Red Wings Jersey Authentic . Although head coach Randy Carlyle jokingly wondered how much actual training Bolland got done while in London. "I dont know how much training goes on when you go back to the junior team that you played for so I wouldnt read too much into that," laughed Carlyle after the Maple Leafs were put through an up-tempo practice that concluded with a 10-minute bag skate on Thursday. http://www.redwingshockeyauthentic.com/brett-hull-jersey/ . - Gary Kubiak is John Elways No.CLEVELAND - LeBron James has returned home and his first game as once again a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers is set for tonight, at home versus the New York Knicks. You can watch the homecoming on TSN2 beginning at 8pm et/5pm pt. James came back to his hometown in the offseason. After four seasons, two championships and four trips to the NBA Finals with the Miami Heat, James returned to his roots in Cleveland. He proclaimed it wouldnt be as easy as it was in South Beach, nor would it happen as quickly. (James Heat made the Finals his first season and won a title in their second.) James decided to return to Cleveland, where he spent his first seven seasons. While in Ohio, James guided the Cavs to an NBA Finals loss and won back-to- back MVP awards. In a thoughtful essay penned for Si.com, James admitted part of the allure in coming home dealt with bringing a championship to Cleveland, a city without a major sports title since 1964. However, with the season upon him, James is all business. I am going to be extremely excited and happy to be back on this floor, acknowledged James. As far as the meaning of it all, the meaning is still the same, its me preparing for a long journey to try and win a championship. Thats my mindset. The Cavs are among the favorites to hoist the trophy at the end of the season. James wasnt their only splashy move in the offseason. The team traded for Kevin Love, the All-Star forward formerly of the Minnesota Timberwolves. Cleveland paid a steep price for Love, who will be a free agent at seasons end. Love is probable Thursday with bruised ribs. The Cavaliers parted with young prospects Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett, the last two No. 1 overall picks in the draft, to get Love. Kyrie Irving is still the point guard after inking a max contract extension. Gordie Howe Red Wings Jersey Authentic. . David Blatt, who made his bones overseas, took over for Mike Brown as head coach and inherited a wonderful situation. He doesnt believe the teams expectations are fair. Anybody talking about us winning it all, theyre being unfair to those great NBA teams that are out there that have either won it or been there to win it, Blatt said. And also to us, as a team thats talented but new. We have a lot of work to do before we can start claiming anything before its time. The Knicks made a splash in free agency this summer, re-signing Carmelo Anthony to a max contract. There are no realistic expectations for championship success this season in New York and maybe not even postseason expectations. Against the Eastern Conferences other powerhouse, the Chicago Bulls, the Knicks started their season with a thud on Wednesday night, losing at home, 104-80. Anthony led Knicks scorers with 14 points, followed by 12 from Amare Stoudemire. No other New York player managed double figures, although all 13 who saw action Wednesday night scored. We will get better. I believe that, Anthony said. The Knicks were without starting point guard Jose Calderon, who missed the game with a strained right calf. His availability for Thursday is unknown since he was a very late scratch on Wednesday. Derek Fishers head-coaching debut was a rocky one as the team struggled within the confines of the triangle offense, made famous by Phil Jackson, the man in charge of basketball operations for the Knicks. The team shot 36.5 percent from the field and 17.6 percent from long range. The squads split last seasons four matchups, but the Knicks have won three of their last four at Quicken Loans Arena. NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 22 Nov - 07:52 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum » Le Forum » Infos Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation