Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum
Connexion S’enregistrer FAQ Membres Rechercher Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum

ending Wards car spinning. War

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum » Le Forum » Infos
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
blueberryjerry
Adjoint(e) au Maire
Adjoint(e) au Maire

Féminin Poissons (20fev-20mar) 虎 Tigre
Ma miniville: URL
My minicity: URL
Ma Ville Virtuelle: URL

MessagePosté le: Sam 19 Nov - 08:18 (2016)    Sujet du message: ending Wards car spinning. War Répondre en citant

PITTSBURGH -- Bernhard Langer made a short birdie putt on the second hole of a playoff with Jeff Sluman to win the Senior Players Championship on Sunday. J.R. Smith Jersey . Langer appeared to be in trouble when his second shot on the par-5 18th ended up in the rough short of the green. He hit a brilliant pitch to 5 feet and made the putt after Slumans birdie attempt rolled just wide. The victory was the 56-year-old Langers third of the year and his third major title on the Champions Tour. The two-time Masters champion shot an even-par 70 to finish at 15-under 265 at Fox Chapel. Sluman had a bogey-free 65 to match Langer, but narrowly missed a birdie putt on the first playoff hole that would have won it. Russ Cochran, who trailed by seven shots early in the final round, had a 67 to finish third at 14 under. Defending champion Kenny Perry tied Langer for the lead heading into the back nine, but faded badly over the closing holes. Perrys 69 left him two shots out of the playoff. Langer nearly missed out on the playoff himself. He fought a balky putter much of the day only to hole a 35-foot birdie putt on the 17th that lifted him into a tie with Sluman. The normally reserved German pumped his fist in disbelief after the ball dropped into the cup. He parred 18 to match Sluman at 15 under and escaped one more time when Slumans birdie attempt on the first playoff hole burned the right edge. Sluman, the 1988 PGA champion, covered his hands in disbelief after the putt stayed out. Langer didnt let the reprieve go to waste, birdieing the 18th on his third try to earn his first major title on the 50-and-over circuit since the 2010 Senior British Open. It didnt come easy for a player who started the day with a comfortable three-shot advantage over Perry. The steady play that kept Langer atop the leaderboard for the better part of 54 holes abandoned him early in the round, opening the door for the rest of the field. Langer missed a short par putt at the par-4 fourth, and he turned the 295-yard par-4 seventh into an adventure when his pitch sailed over the green and his 5-foot comebacker for par popped off the back edge of the cup. Perry, who promised to go into "attack mode" to chase down his good friend, had little trouble tracking Langer down. He pulled even with a birdie at the seventh and did it again at the ninth, when he bounced back from a bogey at the eighth by holing out from a greenside bunker for birdie. A back-nine duel, however, never materialized. Both players started spraying shots -- including an ugly double bogey for Langer at the par-4 12th -- while Sluman quietly went about his business in the group ahead. Sluman slowly reeled in the front-runners, taking the lead with a birdie on the par-4 14th and adding another at the par-4 16th while Perry and Langer faltered behind him. The streaky Perry, trying to join Arnold Palmer as the only player to win consecutive Senior Players titles, cooled as the pressure mounted. He shot 3-over 38 on the back, failing to make a single birdie down the stretch as the crisp iron game that vaulted him into contention vanished. Authentic Channing Frye Jersey ., will experience this week. A year in which the Canadian curling championship has been pushed forward a week to accommodate the Winter Olympics was deemed the perfect chance to stage the event in Montreal for the first time since 1979. Cheap Brad Daugherty Jersey .Y. -- Phil Jackson lost out on his preferred coach, but hes working hard on keeping his star player. http://www.procavaliersshop.com/kyrie-irving-cavaliers-jersey/ . JOHNS, N. HAMPTON, Ga. -- Tony Stewart took his seat on the podium -- unshaven, his eyes glassy -- and unfolded a sheet of paper. His voice quivered as he read, pausing to maintain his composure as he described the death of a driver he hit as "one of the toughest tragedies Ive ever had to deal with." This was a far cry from the brash driver known around the track as "Smoke." Ninety minutes later, he climbed into his No. 14 car and sped toward the high-banked oval at Atlanta Motor Speedway, drawing a cheer from the crowd gathered around his garage. He quickly got up to speed, turning laps of nearly 190 mph, a racer back in his element. Ready or not, Stewart is back on the track. Describing himself as heartbroken but eager to heal, Stewart rejoined the race for the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship surrounded by those he considers a second family -- his team, his crew, his rivals. He missed the last three races, going into seclusion after the sprint car he was driving struck and killed 20-year-old Kevin Ward Jr., who had stepped on the track to confront him during a race. Hell get back to work as an investigation continues in upstate New York. Authorities said Friday that the probe into the cause of the crash will last at least another two weeks. No decision has been made about whether Stewart will face charges. "This is something that will definitely affect my life forever," Stewart said. "This is a sadness and a pain I hope no one has to experience in their life. That being said, I know that the pain and mourning that Kevin Wards family and friends are experiencing is something that I cant possibly imagine." He mentioned Wards parents and three sisters by name, saying he wanted them "to know that every day Im thinking about them and praying for them." Stewart took no questions about Wards death because of the ongoing investigation, and said he wasnt sure if he had the emotional strength to answer them anyway. But his timid, halting delivery presented a much different side to a racer whose infamous temper has sparked clashes with the media and fellow drivers. It was business as usual when Stewart switched to his racing suit. He signed autographs. He talked with his crew about the cars setup. He chatted up Kurt Busch. Behind the wheel, Stewart looked as though he had never been away. He advanced to the final round of qualifying before settling for the 12th starting spot in Sunday nights race with a speed of 187.907 mph. One of his teammates at Stewart-Haas Racing, Kevin Harvick, claimed the pole at 190.398. Stewart went out ahead of Harvick and advised him to take a lower line on the track. "He was definitely a big help," Harvick said. Afterward the two chatted briefly, a conversation Harvick described as "all racing." If Stewart should wiin in Atlanta, or next weeks race at Richmond, he would qualify for the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship. Terrell Brandon Jersey. While NASCAR requires its drivers to compete in every event to make the playoff, Stewart was granted a waiver that is normally applied to a driver who misses a race for medical reasons. Mike Helton, president of the governing body, said NASCAR made the decision after consulting with third-party experts who "were relevant under these circumstances." He would not elaborate. "We want to join everybody in racing in welcoming Tony back," Helton said. "Hes a great asset to NASCAR. Hes a great champion, a great participant in our sport." There was no word from Wards family on Stewarts return. A woman who answered Friday at the home of Kevin Ward Sr. said the family would not be commenting. During an Aug. 9 sprint-car event in upstate New York, Stewart and Wards cars bumped while racing into a turn, sending Wards car spinning. Ward climbed from his wrecked machine and wandered onto a darkened track in a black racing suit, wanting to make his displeasure known to the three-time NASCAR champion. One car appeared to swerve to avoid Ward, but he was struck by the back right tire of Stewarts car. The 43-year-old Stewart pulled out of the race at nearby Watkins Glen the morning after Ward was killed, and then skipped events at Michigan and Bristol. "Ive taken the last couple of weeks off out of respect for Kevin and his family and also to cope with the accident in my own way," Stewart said. "Its given me the time to think about life and how easy it is to take it for granted. I miss my team, my teammates and I miss being back in the race car, and I think being back in the car this week with my racing family will help me get through this difficult time." Asked if it was fair to make Stewart eligible for the Chase, rival driver Denny Hamlin wavered a bit. "Its a very vague thing," he said. "Its tough to say whats considered medical and not." Stewart-Haas Racing executive vice-president Brett Frood said the driver sent flowers and a card to Wards family around the time of the funeral. He hopes to meet with them at some point. "Hes been very respectful of them and their time to grieve," Frood said. "Its important for Tony to spend time with the family. I do think that will happen at the appropriate time." Stewart said he knows there are plenty of questions surrounding Wards death. Many of those have focused on whether he was trying to frighten a young driver who had the nerve to challenge him over a racing crash. But he emphasized that the best way for him to heal was to put on his helmet. "Being in that car," Harvick said, "cures a lot of problems for a short time." NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Sam 19 Nov - 08:18 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Forum MiniVille Index du Forum » Le Forum » Infos Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation